Thursday, April 17, 2008

Questions

The other day we were on our way to Walmart and Audrey didn't want to go:

Audrey: Mommy why do I have to go to the store.
Me: because I can't leave you at home alone.
Audrey: Well Mommy you said that God is everywhere so God can stay at home with me, right.
Me: well, yes, God is with you.
Audrey: well why can't we stay at home?

There is just no good answer for, God will take care of us and I don't want her to think differently so what do you say??? I just turned on the radio and wished Rob was there to be the question guy!

Today we were going on a field trip and she started again with the questions.

Audrey: Mommy, what if the world had never happened to us?
Me: well, we wouldn't exist.
Audrey: What about God?
Me: God has always and will always exist.
Audrey: but if there were no world would we be somewhere else?
Me: I don't know baby, here, sing this song.

The boys never had these kinds of questions at this age. They were only concerned with dirt and bugs.

No comments: