Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Taking Out the Trash

On Monday nights I take Audrey to clogging and Rob and the boys have boy night. Last night was one of those nights and Rob was going to get the boys some supper so he needed the car (carseat) so Audrey and I took the truck. As we drove along Audrey chatted about everything under the sun and we made it to the studio, parked, and went inside. As the moms were sitting and waiting on class to be over one of the other moms was laughing about a man who had his garbage can hooked to the back of his truck. HMMM...."What color truck is it" I asked. "Oh, it's blue" she says. It was Rob's truck!!! We drove 4 miles without ever realizing it was there!

But that's not all....Della and I went out and tried to throw the garbage can into the back of the truck, because that had to be safer....right??? So we lift it us and all of the nasty garbage juice comes streaming out all over us. UGH!!! After recovering from the disgust Audrey and I are on our way. We're driving along when suddenly I hear WHAM, only to look back and see the garbage can sailing down the middle of Elm Street and a policeman standing there, mouth gaping, wondering what just happened. So we turned around and the very nice policeman helped me get the GC out of the street. "What are you going to do with it now" he said. "Well, I guess put it back up there." So we throw it back up there and as I get back in the truck Audrey cheers "I'm sooo glad he didn't take you to jail!!"
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Molly said...

It's hard to picture you with a rap sheet.

Molly said...

oh, and please take a camera to clogging class!!

Carrie said...

She has a "performance" on the 18th so I will take some pictures then.

The Pughs said...

Carrie- I am laughing so hard right now. I konw it wasn't funny at the time but I can only imagine.

grandma laverne said...

A few of those little moments. Life's full of 'em. Can't wait to see Audrey's clogging pictures.