Saturday, March 27, 2010

I've Got The Need...The Need, For Speed

OK, so there was no speeding being done today. Not by me anyway, but seeing jets flying through the air suddenly brings Top Gun to mind.
We went to the Air Show at Maxwell AFB today. The kids had a great time but seemed to enjoy the food more than the planes. Brooks has consistently said, since he was 2, that he was going to be an army man when he grows up and Eli has followed suit, although a little less emphatically. (In our household "army man" encompasses all things military.)
.
Audrey took a break to read Proverbs 15:1 which apparently they sing in choir. It is actually a verse that I need to keep close at all times. It's a good thing I have my girl to remind me!!



These (below) were the only thing about the day that I could have definitely done without. I feel the need for a shower just thinking about it!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Molly said...

1. I love Top Gun
2. At my old office we used to get to see the pilots practicing for the air show here. I miss it.
3. I wish we sang in Sunday School.
4. I'm glad you put up a photo that included you!
5. I found a photo of Uncle Paul that so reminds me of Eli. I will send a scan to see what you all think.
6. During the Avon 3 Day, there were porta potties all along the way. I do not think I've recovered from the trauma.