Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trash To Treasure

Saturday this table was unpainted, beat up, and worn out. It used to be Rob's grandfather's work table, complete with a pencil sharpener. It had been sitting outside beside the shop for several months so I decided to commandeer it for myself.
The kids and I stained the top and painted the bottom. We left it distressed looking because, let's face it, it was never going to be perfect.
But I think it has a certain charm. What do you think? Was our trash to treasure a success?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Molly said...

Great idea! I didn't realize anything was left from the storage room. there used to be a great sideboard kind of thing that I loved but no idea where it ended up.

Carrie said...

I don't remember the sideboard but I really like how this turned out. I may have to go dig around in the shop and find something else to be crafty with!

grandma laverne said...

Carrie, you and the kids did great. Way to go.

Keri said...

Carrie, I love the table! It definitely has charm!

Rob gave me your blogs back when I was still in Troy so I could keep up with y'all. I finally started one of my own and added you to my favorites! Glad to see everyone is doing well. I can't believe how big those beautiful kids are getting!