Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Daily 1 & 2

My very creative SIL, Molly, sent me this little book that she put together herself. Isn't it beautiful? In it is a blank page for each of the 25 days until Christmas where I can document little details of the Christmas season. There are places for photos and other little details also. Such a great gift. Molly got the idea here but what I'm most impressed with is that she actually sat down and created it. Follow through...that's what I'm missing.
So, I think I will try to post a photo a day on here also.  Since I'm a day behind and it's already Dec. 2 the explanation will be Day 1 and the rest is Day 2.
Where else could I start. We have Christmas because God sent His son into the world to save His people from their sins.
In our household we celebrate by having an Advent story, lighting the Advent candles, and singing Christmas songs as a family each night. We have done this since Brooks was a baby and it really helps us remain focused on Jesus throughout this busy season. This year is especially busy so we will have to try that much harder to keep ourselves focused.

No comments: