Sunday, May 2, 2010

Not Again

Well, it's happened again. Another trip to the ER for the Faircloth's and a new leader in the race for the worst booboo.

We were outside playing, all 6 of us, everyone was laughing and having fun and then WHAM, everyone went into crisis mode. We really do work well together in times of stress. Eli had fallen and hit his lip on the porch step. His teeth were exposed through a hole that doesn't belong on that sweet boys face. We rushed to the ER, when we got there I realized that I didn't have shoes and we all looked like we had never seen a bathtub before. Eli did great though. He never cried, flinched, or even moved an inch as the doctor put 26 stitches in his lower lip.

Eli is the toughest kid I know! I am so proud of him but I really hope and pray that there are no more visits to the ER for at least another 15 years!

UPDATE: I just looked up, for curiosities sake, how long we made it between stitches. Metz had them in his hand on 8/27/2009.

1 comment:

grandma laverne said...

Eli is so brave! that must've been terrible. You all are brave to cope so well. I'm with you - no more disasters for the foreseeable future.